Started as a software engineer in 1984 writing civil engineering application software. Joined the Indian Police Service (IPS) in1988 and was allotted to Uttar Pradesh Cadre.
Currently serving as the Additional Secretary to the Government of India at Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade. Handled some of the flagship schemes of Govt of India including Startup India, e-commerce, Internal Trade, several industrial sectors and international cooperation with select geographies.
Has been a pioneer in major reforms at the highest levels:
- Led the flagship scheme of Government of India, Startup India. A multi-dimensional approach has been followed for promoting startups which has seen stirring of the entrepreneurial spirit across the country:
- Contributed to many regulatory reforms relating to startups in coordination with many ministries and departments, including resolution of the Angel tax issue for startups, enhancing pool of domesticcapital for venture investments amongst others.
- Implementing the Production Linked Incentive Scheme for White Goods (Air Conditioners and LEDLights) with an outlay of Rs 6238 Cr. The Scheme has generated excellent response from the industry.
- Pioneering the ‘Open Network for Digital Commerce’ for democratizing e-commerce.
- Previously, at UP Police, conceptualised and commissioned UP100: UP Police Emergency ManagementSystem (now called UP 112) for providing prompt emergency services to 220 million citizens anytime, anywhere in the State of UP. This Project has been recognised amongst top innovations in the country during Civil Services Day 2018: PM Awards for Excellence in Public Administration and Innovations.