MD & Head,
Shweta joined Advent in 2009. Prior to that she worked for almost a decade at ICICI Venture, which at the time was the largest private equity firm in India. Shweta has experience in sourcing and negotiating transactions, and dvising on the management and successful exiting of investments through both sale to strategic buyers and listing of companies. She has experience of working across a wide range of sectors including healthcare, FIG, consumer and IT/BPO. Before joining ICICI Venture, she was working for a year at Ernst & Young in their corporate finance division.
Awards & Achieveents
– Awarded ‘India’s Top 40 Under Forty’ by Economic Times & Spencer Stuart.
– Identified top 15 women in India Inc. by ‘Forbes India W-Power Trailblazers’.
– Identified as one of the `Most Powerful Women in Indian Business`- Business Today
– Identified as one of the `50 Most Powerful Women in Business` – Fortune India Magazine
– Identified as one of the ‘India’s 30 Most Powerful Women’ – Business Today Magazine
Investments participated in
Shweta has worked on a large number of investments during her career, four at Advent, including Care Hospitals, Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited, Quest Technologies, ASK Investment Managers Pvt. Ltd. and the Element K acquisition by Skillsoft. Investments in ICICI Venture included companies like ACE Refractories, Updater Services, Rubamin, Tata Infomedia and VA Tech Wabag.
Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd
Quest Global Services Pte. Ltd.
Ask Investment Managers Pvt.Ltd
Dixcy Textiles Pvt.Ltd
Manjushree Technopack Ltd.
Bharat Serums and Vaccines
RA Chem Pharma Limited